Sunday, February 9, 2014

Coloring books

Few years back I gave my nephew and nieces coloring books featuring them selves for Christmas. I gathered photos of them that I thought might look nice in outlines and then I traced the lines in Illustrator. This took WAY longer than I had imagined and was a challenging practice in patience. Luckily I was happy with the outcome!













 I wouldn't recommend doing this to anyone unless you have whole lot of time and patience. But if you want to give it a try the only thing you need to do is to import the image you want to use into illustrator and start tracing. If I remember correctly I only used the pen tool and had two layers, one for the original image and one for tracing. Every now and then I hid the layer with the original image to see if the lines I had traced looked good and then I just kept on going until I was satisfied with the complete image. For you who have no experience with Illustrator here is a nice video that teaches how to use the pen tool. And here is a video with more general instructions for Illustrator. Good luck to all you brave ones out there!

Until later... 

2 comments: